|Conditions for an Installment Plan:
- Between June 1 and October 31, no current year taxes are due. Between November 1 and January 31, the first half of the current year taxes must be paid. Between February 1 and June 30, the full year current taxes must be paid.
- Pay a non-refundable $100.00 processing fee.
- Along with the processing fee, pay 20% or more of the amount due.
- Pay current taxes due each year on or before April 10. The second installment of any supplemental bill must not be delinquent at the end of the fiscal year (June 30).
- On or before April 10 of each succeeding fiscal year, you must pay an installment payment of 20% or more of the original redemption amount, plus interest accruing on the unpaid balance at the rate of 1-1/2% per month. For due dates on weekends or holidays, payments will be due on the following business day.
NOTE: Please call our office at (661) 868-3490 for the correct amount to begin an Installment Plan. Be advised that the amounts listed online are for total payments due and ARE NOT the amounts necessary to start an Installment Plan.
FAILURE TO MEET THE ABOVE CONDITIONS WILL RESULT IN DEFAULT OF YOUR PLAN.
If you default your installment plan and are unable to initiate a new plan, your property will become subject to sale five or more years after your property initially became tax-defaulted. Authority for the installment plan is prescribed by Revenue and Taxation Code sections 4216-4337 and Kern County Ordinance No. G-5480.
The unpaid balance of your installment plan, plus accrued interest, may be paid in full at any time before the fifth and final payment due date.
A new installment plan MAY be initiated:
An installment plan MAY NOT be initiated:
- Only after July 1 following the default of the plan.
- All conditions of the installment plan must be complied with, including the payment of the $100.00 processing fee for each new plan.
- After the fifth year following the declaration of tax default.
- After the property has become subject to Power to Sell.